Friday, September 10, 2010

Don't you just love being sick?


It's those first few days, where you can feel it creeping up on you that I hate the most. Where it is just on the cusp of being too late, and there is nothing you can do about it. This in-between limbo. Just bring it on already and get it over with! I always love to hear
"I have a sore throat" from a kid who just put their hands on me, and two days later I have one too, Thanks!

Whenever I get sick, I GET SICK. There is no 'sleeping it off for me', it turns into a two week long dragged out ordeal, sometimes longer. And of course I can never make it through the year without contracting some sort of viral plague in which to spread to the rest of my family, Your Welcome. SO now I am popping C like its candy and drinking tea till I float, and two hour naps on the couch help too. So I am hoping I will be better by Sunday so I can complete another whoopie creation.

None of this helped today when I went to work. Today the teacher (bless her heart) had to stay home with her son. So I was left with a class of 20 4 yr olds within the first week of school. Luckily I got someone to come help me, a dear older lady who does most of the preschool subbing. Being older though, limited her abilities and being a sub limited her range of help. So I took it upon myself to make sure class ran as smoothly as possible.

For the first time I ran the class, basically on my own, and did circle time and all our activities and made sure we began and ended everything on schedule. No one got lost on the bathroom run, and no one peed their pants, over all successful! I survived, and it was really rewarding knowing that I could keep the class in line on my own.

Even so, I really hope she returns back to me on Monday. I so much more enjoy being the aide and not stressing as much, with 20 little judging eyes on you.

3 comments:

Ruby said... [Reply to comment]

You are amazing! I could not do it. I barely survived raising you three girls! I am baffled how you came from me that you can handle these kids and do it with grace and skill. I am beyond proud of you.

I knew you would get sick soon, happens each year, just sad it is so soon, was looking forward to my walks with you. Get better as fast as you can and know I am sending healing prayers your way. Dad is off Monday and Tuesday, so if you end up needing something...maybe that is when I shall send him over with a pear tart for you.

Susie @ A Slice of My Life said... [Reply to comment]

I hope you are feeling better today! (I don't see any whoppie pies so that's not a good sign) Kudos on taking on the entire classroom...twenty little ones is a LOT!

Susie @ A Slice of My Life said... [Reply to comment]

@Ruby@Ruby'sMusings

Ruby, I know *exactly* what you mean when you look at your wonderful girl in such amazement. We do the very same thing with ours.

Post a Comment