Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Planning a Vacation


Usually we try to take a vacation during the summer. Mr. works really hard during the school year, so he treats himself to a nice vacation and I get to tag along. This summer we went to Yosemite, although nice was not 'super luxury vacation'.

So now he has set me on the task to plan our next vacation.. for next summer. Of course he does not want to par-take in any of the hard work (I guess that's how I earn my vacation) and leaves me to do all the research and planning. All he knows is that he wants to go somewhere he has not been before. Real definitive huh.

We had discussed once before our joint interest in seeing Puerto Rico. So that's where I started. Hotels, how to get around, points of interest. I just hate planning all the little details. So I decided to look at cruises. We had really enjoyed our Alaskan Cruise, so thinking on that same game plan, all new research. With some more hard work and many site price comparisons, I found that if we fly straight to San Juan and leave on a cruise there, we can get more bang for our buck than if we flew to Florida and took a cruise from there. Who'd da thunk it.

So now my mission is to find all the information I can on every port of call for that cruise, some of which include Dominica, Barbados and even the Netherlands Antilles. Of course I am really excited, which makes research easier and waiting even harder. I still have to work through the whole school year to get to summer! I think tomorrow I am going to hit up the book store and google and find out everything there is to know about Puerto Rico!

3 comments:

chanda said... [Reply to comment]

lucky lucky! that would be a super fun trip!

Ruby said... [Reply to comment]

WOW! You do live the life! Live it up kiddo cause when you finally give me a grandbaby....*SMOOCH*

Joey Lynn Resciniti said... [Reply to comment]

I love planning vacations! 9 out of 10 of them never make it to the actual taking of the vacation, but I do like to shop!

Enjoy your anticipation!

Post a Comment