Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I am a Genius!

Yes I am going to slouch and sink into obscurity, I am beating myself up in my own mind. I did something today which earns me this lovely dunce cap.

Shopping day, again, it always seems to be shopping day. There is just me and Mr. to buy for, but that boy sure can eat. So I am set on the task of making the dreaded menu and list. Why is it when I am put on the spot I can not think of anything?! So It takes me an hour to make a small list for two people.

My first stop is Trader Joes, they have some really yummy frozen meals. I do love an easy dinner, especially when I am feeling below the weather..(is that a real term? I don't even know anymore). Then it is off to the worst of it all, the mother of all places I despise the most... *insert scary music here*

Walmart. It is actually not as bad as I try to make it seem. I always hype it up to myself, and I always make it through rather painlessly.. other than the bottom of my feet from those long lines. We really do save a lot from shopping there.

We usually don't get soda very often, I consider it a treat when we do. So I decided I was going to treat myself to something I don't allow myself often. I make it through the line, and when it gets checked out last, there is no room in the top of my cart for it to fit. So I stick it on the bottom..

Biggest Mistake! (I bet you see where this is going)I make it out to the car, load everything up. Drive the 10 minutes home, unload everything ...sit down to relax and...

I forgot the soda on the bottom of the cart. So I better get some good karma in return for giving someone a free pack of soda. I guess someone was trying to tell me I didn't need it in the first place.

Lesson learned, never go shopping when you feel like you need a nap, feeling ill and never ever place anything on the bottom of the cart, if you do not normally do so.

So there, my lovely dunce cap earned.


2 comments:

Ruby said... [Reply to comment]

We have all done it my sweet!

Joey Lynn Resciniti said... [Reply to comment]

I put my brand new crock pot down there on Monday and I was a nervous wreck forcing myself to remember to get it into the trunk. The bottom of the cart should have a flashing light that reminds you to unload it.

I'm sorry for your loss of soda!

Post a Comment